Councillor John Bramham

Friday, May 04, 2012

Following on....

..from my last blog, I've no doubt that many will ask why I've suddenly reappeared on the blog scene after so long, and what is my purpose in doing so.
A simple answer would be 'to ask YOU a question', but it's more involved than that, and I'll try to explain why.
It's always been my aim in life to look at events from a 'common sense' perspective where if it fits, it's logical and it's 'do-able' then I'll I'll do it, one way or another.
This works very well with engineering, mechanics and other disciplines; however when the human element is factored into local issues and problems, then the line becomes somewhat less clear - different people have different views, and that is where the element of that much over-used word "community" comes into the equation.
All the major issues that we in Elmdon faced during my time as a local councillor fell into the 'personal opinion' category where a solution that suited one resident didn't necessarily suit another; in all of those big issues, I "led from the sidelines" by organising residents into a coherent, self-sufficient group that put individual wish-lists to one side in favour of presenting a unified front to resolve their problems.
Similarly, when locals around the Harvester pub complained about noise and nuisance, I organised quarterly meetings at the pub so that any resident with a problem could air their views directly to the management - and to others - without fear or favour; this had the effect of both sides seeing a common point of view, and most of the problems were resolved without any further animosity.
The instances of this approach are endless, but the outcomes were nearly always positive.

That however is part of the history of my Civic past; okay, it's been four years since I went into the wilderness, but now with a new lady by my side and my fires ablaze once more, I feel it's high time that I raised my game and put myself forward for re-election to Elmdon ward next year.

Many local people have asked me if I have given it much thought over the past couple of years, and despite slight misgivings I have to say that I'm well up for it; the question is, are you, the good people of Elmdon ward, prepared to give me the support I need to get back onto the Council and fight your corner?
THAT is the question I'm asking - now the answers are up to you.

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home